Sunday 9 October 2011

"A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it." - Samuel Johnson

As part of our course, we are expected to expand our knowledge of children's literature by reading lots and lots of children's books.  This is quite possibly the part of the course that I am most excited about.  I love reading and am still regularly known (even at the ripe old age of 27 and-three-quarters) to revisit the books that I loved during my childhood.

I will never forget the amazing experiences I had camping with the Famous Five, following Roald Dahl through his childhood in 'Boy', sailing the world with the Adventurous Four, following the exploits of Super Gran, laughing along with the Rentaghost team and many more. And that was before I discovered the joy of reading my parents' books. I discovered Dick Francis at the age of twelve and he remains to this day one of my favourite authors of all time.

Already both in school and in my own time, I have come across a number of new fantastic authors like Michael Morpurgo, Philip Pullman, J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer and Anthony Horowitz and it is with great delight that I am pillaging the children's section at the library to continue my quest into the wonderful world of children's literature.  If you would like to follow my journey, I will be posting the books I read as I finish them over at my 'Wiki' and you can find it here: https://robbaker-portfolio.wikispaces.com/Book+Log

I wish us all happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment