Monday 3 October 2011

Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got 'til its gone...?

So, an eventful weekend this weekend.  I did manage to rewrite my assignment before I went away for my surprise stag weekend, but it sadly reads like a bit of a rush job - as these things normally do.  If nothing else, I am just pleased that it was only my formative assignment and not one that carries towards my results.

In other news, on Friday I started to suffer from a bit of an earache.  I thought nothing of it, but when I woke up on Saturday morning, the ear had gone totally deaf.  I managed to get an appointment with the GP and he explained that an eczema flare up in the ear canal has caused wax production to go mad and totally block the drum.  While this wasn't the end of the world, it has left me feeling incredibly sluggish and run down.  It is strange how much we take our senses for granted and as the song says, you 'don't know what you've got 'til its gone'.  I also didn't realise how the loss of one can affect your whole being in such a profound way - even if it is only temporary.

For today, I will mostly be found sat right at the front of my science seminar, in an attempt to be able to hear at least part of what is being said and I just hope that my hearing comes back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment